Discover the unique traditions of a West Coast Christmas in Vancouver where a sparkling mosaic of light and colour make the city a festive holiday destination with this two day itinerary (and some alternative ideas) of things to see and do.
Day 1 – West Side Holiday Touring and Shopping
- The journey begins at the Vancouver Lookout! Harbour Centre Tower with a Rise and Shine breakfast, orientation viewing tour and a look at the fascinating historic holiday exhibition.
- Next, head to Granville Island where Christmas festivities and shopping where an array of artisan boutiques and galleries await. Get replenished with lunch and beer tasting at the Dockside Restaurant in the Granville Island Hotel.
- In the afternoon, return to downtown for some Christmas shopping at the Pacific Centre Mall and along Granville, Robson and Denman Streets.
- In the late afternoon, explore Stanley Park and the Vancouver Aquarium Marine Science Centre. Afterwards, take a ride on the popular Christmas Train winding its way through the “Bright Nights” display of more than a million lights in the park.
Celebrate the evening aboard a Harbour Cruise vessel for the Christmas carol ship “Parade of Lights”.
Day 2 – North Shore Winter Fun
- Visit the famous Capilano Suspension Bridge to see the “Canyon of Lights” and take a thrilling Treetops Adventure walk.
- Enjoy a scenic ride on the aerial Skyride to the top of Grouse Mountain for lunch and an exploration of the festive Peak of Christmas activities. An array of winter activities including snowshoeing and ice skating are also available at Grouse Mountain.
- End the day with a holiday concert at the Orpheum Theatre or perhaps take in the Festival of Lights at the VanDusen Botanical Gardens.
Other alternatives might include: