15 headliners, which include Feist, Usher, Our Lady Peace, and The Fray have been announced as part of the nightly Whistler victory ceremonies during the Vancouver 2010 Olympics.
The 15 headliners will perform for one night each from February 13 to 27 during the 2010 Olympic Winter Games at Whistler Medals Plaza, the specially-built outdoor amphitheatre for the victory ceremonies and closing ceremony of the 2010 Paralympic Winter Games. In addition to the performances, medals will also be awarded each night.
“Celebrations in Whistler will be rockin’ for 15 incredible nights during the 2010 Olympic Winter Games with this impressive lineup of top solo artists and bands – all playing outdoors under the stars in honour of the world’s best athletes and their triumphs,” said Christy Nicolay, VANOC’s vice president of sport production and victory ceremonies.
The ticketed nightly ceremonies in Whistler will kick off on February 13 with the All American Rejects and the presentation of medals for men’s ski jumping and downhill skiing, as well as the women’s 7.5-kilometre sprint event in biathlon.
Tickets for the Whistler victory ceremonies are being distributed to the public in the Sea to Sky region through a contest operated in partnership with Tourism Whistler between January 4th and January 15th, 2010 and is open to residents from Squamish to Mount Currie only.
Whistler Victory Ceremony headliners’ lineup and dates
- Saturday, February 13: All American Rejects
- Sunday, February 14: Estelle
- Monday, February 15: Pierre Lapointe
- Tuesday, February 16: Feist
- Wednesday, February 17: Our Lady Peace
- Thursday, February 18: Deadmau5
- Friday, February 19: Hedley
- Saturday, February 20: Stars
- Sunday, February 21: OneRepublic
- Monday, February 22: To be confirmed
- Tuesday, February 23: The Fray
- Wednesday, February 24: Jet
- Thursday, February 25: The Roots
- Friday, February 26: K’Naa
- Saturday, February 27: Usher