Nelly Furtado, Barenaked Ladies, Loverboy, and Hedley are among the Canadian acts that will perform during the nightly victory ceremonies during the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in Vancouver.
The twelve headliners will perform for one night each from February 14 to 26 inside BC Place during the 2010 Olympic Winter Games as athletes receive their medals in speed skating, snowboarding and freestyling skiing.
“The victory ceremonies will be the place to be in the evenings in Vancouver during the Games. For twelve nights only, spectators will get a chance to witness in person the top athletes of the day in their shining moments on the podium,” said David Guscott, VANOC’s executive vice president in charge of celebrations and partnerships. “At the same time, they will also be treated to an amazing night of top Canadian music and international acts, from punk rock to country to pop.”
The first Vancouver victory ceremony will take place on Valentine’s Day and has a British Columbia theme with Grammy Award-winning recording artist Nelly Furtado headlining. Medals will be presented for men’s and women’s speed skating and freestyle mogul that evening.
Tickets for the victory ceremonies are on sale now at www.vancouver2010.com and by phone at 1-800-TICKETS, as well as main ticket centres in Vancouver at Robson Square and in Whistler near Whistler Medals Plaza. Regular tickets cost $22, while premium tickets – the first time VANOC has offered this designation – are available for $50 and these premium ticketed seats are centre stage.
Vancouver Victory Ceremony headliners’ lineup and dates
- Sunday, February 14: Nelly Furtado (British Columbia
- Monday, February 15: To be confirmed (Quebec)
- Tuesday, February 16: Barenaked Ladies (Nova Scotia)
- Wednesday, February 17: Paul Brandt (Alberta)
- Thursday, February 18: Hedley (Prince Edward Island)
- Friday, February 19: Theory of a Deadman (Northwest Territories)
- Saturday, February 20: Stereophonics (Yukon)
- Sunday, February 21: Trooper & Loverboy (Nunavut)
- Tuesday, February 23: Billy Talent (Saskatchewan)
- Wednesday, February 24: INXS – (Ontario)
- Thursday, February 25: Burton Cummings – (Manitoba)
- Friday, February 26: Great Big Sea – (Newfoundland and Labrador)