Tourism Vancouver recently asked us to come up with a top ten list of things not to be missed at Vancouver Pride for one of their upcoming newsletters. With so much going on at Pride picking ten wasn’t easy so we actually gave them twelve.
For details on all of these Pride events be sure to check out our online guide to Vancouver Pride 2009.
- Wear red and ride the wooden rollercoaster with a drag queen at Gay Day @ Playland on July 18th
- Join in the high-heel shoe toss at Picnic in the Park on July 25th
- Laugh with The Bobbers, Vancouver’s only queer comedy troupe, during Pride in Art at the Roundhouse on July 28th
- Enjoy the music of Sugarbeach, Vancouver’s very own Lesbian pop duo, at Pride in Art on July 29th
- Get a taste for the upcoming Vancouver Queer Film Festival at Pride Movie Night on July 30th
- Help get Pride weekend off to its official start at the Vancouver Art Gallery on July 31st @ Noon
- Dance in the streets, mingle with the crowds and meet-up with friends at the Davie Street Pride Party on July 31st
- Load up on carbs for the parade, festival and parties tomorrow with the Terry Wallace Pancake Breakfast on August 1st
- Stake out my sidewalk claim REALLY early for the Pride Parade on August 2nd
- Take in the entertainment and browse through the vendors at the Sunset Beach Festival following the Parade on August 2nd
- Meet Rupaul’s Drag Race runner-up Nina Flowers at Rapture on August 2nd
- Climb aboard the MV Britannia for the final CruiseyT Pride party boat on August 3rd
What’s your favourite thing to do at Pride? Leave a comment below and let us know.